In addition to translation and page layout in any language, we also offer interpretation services across Canada. We can provide you with interpreters in a very wide variety of language combinations in many of Canada’s main cities. If needed, we can also provide you with the necessary interpretation equipment (i.e. sound booth, headsets, etc.) and the technicians to operate it.
If you’re travelling abroad, we have interpreters who can accompany you to provide interpretation and/or guide services in many of the world’s main cities.
Interpretation in Canada
For your conferences, meetings, presentations, seminars, trade shows, and negotiations we can provide you with in-booth simultaneous, consecutive, or liaison interpreting thanks to our Canada-wide network of professional interpreters.
Types of Interpretation
- Simultaneous Interpretation: the interpreter translates what the speaker is saying almost simultaneously; the interpreter’s voice talks over the speaker’s voice.*
- Consecutive Interpretation: the interpreter translates what the speaker is saying at regular intervals as the speaker pauses.
- Liaison Interpretation: the interpreter helps facilitate communication between a few people who may know a bit of each other’s language.
- Whispered Interpretation: this type of interpretation is almost obsolete and only used in very specific situations. As a type of simultaneous interpretation service, a small, portable sound system can be used instead, as it is much less distracting for participants than traditional whispered interpretation.
*Simultaneous interpretation is usually done in a sound booth so that conference participants not requiring the service and the speaker are not disturbed by the interpreter. Simultaneous interpreters must work in pairs for any event over two (2) hours.
Whatever your needs, our interpreters will faithfully translate verbal exchanges in minute detail, which in turn will help you strengthen your international relationships.
We ensure that our interpreters are thoroughly prepared in advance by consulting with the event planner and reviewing your file and relevant documents so as to guarantee high-quality service.
United Nations Web TV
An aspect of the interpreter’s job is to learn about and understand your company and its objectives, and, in essence, become a part of it during the mission.
Quote for Interpretation Services
To provide you with a comprehensive interpretation quote, we will need the following preliminary information:
- Source and target languages
- Date and schedule of the event
- Address of the event
- Subject matter to be discussed
- Type of interpretation service needed (simultaneous, consecutive, liaison)
- Number of participants you’re expecting at your event